COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER – HARINGEY – APRIL 2020
About the job
Computer Science Teacher
April 2020 start
About the school
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Computer Science Teacher to join an Ofsted “Outstanding”, mixed, a secondary school in Haringey starting April 2020.
This Computer Science teacher post is a full-time post.
The school is growing and offers outstanding facilities within walking distance of various transport links. The school boasts well-motivated and reflective staff with a shared purpose, and students who are warm, positive and engaging.
The ideal Computer Science teacher will be confident in teaching GSCE Computer Science.
The Computer Science department is a small, close-knit department and provides outstanding resources as well as equipment to support teaching and learning.
COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER WILL BE REQUIRED TO TEACH:
- Programming Techniques
- Programming Development and much more.
Staff Wellbeing is at the full front of teachers’ minds, also implementing a good Physical Wellbeing, Emotional Wellbeing and Work/Life Balance.
THESE THINGS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TOO:
- early closures on days where we host parents’/carers’ evening
- No more marking policy – a whole-class feedback policy instead
- Reduced examinations and data collection points throughout the year
- No more formal lesson observations
- Reduced number of calendared meetings
- More open-door communication and fewer formal line management meetings
All teachers participate in regular professional development through a programme of INSET days and Twilight training sessions throughout the year.
All teaching staff and teaching assistants participate in incremental coaching on a biweekly basis. One-to-one coaching is tailored to each member of staffs needs and is highly confidential. Importantly, it fits in with existing timetables and remains separate from performance management.
“The behaviour of students is outstanding, this positive behaviour contributes significantly to the progress and this link is clearly understood by the students.”
“Staff are positive about the leadership and management throughout the school. They believe that the school’s leaders and managers are improving the school and allowing them to make a difference in students’ lives”
The position is open to both Newly Qualified Computer Science Teacher and experienced Computer Science teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS
- Location – Haringey
- Position – Computer Science Teacher
- Type of work – Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and possible Key stage 5
- Contract or position start date – April 2020 start
- Duration / Likely Duration – 1 Year
- Full time/part-time – Full time
- Pay will be in line with your pay scale
- Hours – 8am – 4 pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS COMPUTER SCIENCE
- BEd / PGCE / QTS or equivalent teaching degree relating to Computer Science
- Minimum 1-year Computer Science Teacher teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS COMPUTER SCIENCE ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work on a full-time basis
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted Computer Science Teachers will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful Computer Science Teacher will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING IS ABLE TO OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management created by our in-house Training and Development Team.