Computer Science Teacher – Barnet – Immediate start
About the job
Computer Science Teacher – Barnet
About the School
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Computer Science Teacher for an Ofsted “Good”, mixed, all-through Secondary school in Barnet.
The school is growing and offers outstanding facilities within walking distance of various transport links. The school boasts well-motivated and reflective staff with a shared purpose, and students who are warm, positive and engaging.
If you are looking for a role in a secondary school which is aiming to become a centre of digital excellence, with a focus on Computing as one of its core specialisms then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The ideal teacher will be confident in teaching GSCE Computer Science and in time A-Level Computer Science
The position is open to both NQTs and experienced teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
- Location – Barnet
- Position – Computer Science Teacher
- Type of work – Key Stage 3 / Key Stage 4 and possible Key stage 5
- Contract or position start date – IMMEDIATELY
- Duration / Likely Duration – 2 terms until July 2020
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2020 initially (contract may get extended)
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Pay will be in line with your pay scale
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BEd / PGCE / QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1 year Computer Science Teacher teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS COMPUTER SCIENCE ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work on a full-time basis
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Computer Science teacher:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management created by our in-house Training and Development Team