Do you have a passion for supporting children with Special Educational Needs?
Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting for Support worker for our special school client based near Hendon, North West London.
The school is one of the most supportive special schools in the country, they provide education and support on a day basis to pupils aged 3 – 19 years who have a range of special education needs including Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and those on the Autistic Spectrum (ASD) to name a few of the needs that the school caters for.
This Special school require Support worker for FULL TIME long term and supply cover to work within their multifaceted and supportive school. You will be required to provide 1:1 support for pupils with SEN who MAY require manual handling and hoisting in and out of a wheelchair on a daily basis. You may also be required to provide general and in class support.
- Location – Hendon, North West London
- Position – SUPPORT WORKER
- Type of work – SEN Teaching Assistant
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – 1 Year – ASAP until July 2020 with the view to get the contract extended
- End date (if applicable) – July 2020 with the view to get the contract extended
- Contract type – Temporary with the view to go permanent after
- Full time/part time – FULL TIME ONLY
- Minimum rate of pay £85 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (full day)
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work with all ability ranges including those with multiple and profound SEN
- Hoisting and manual handling
- Be involved in running extracurricular activities
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience Physical Disabilities and Severe Learning Difficulties is a plus
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential) -you can complete this here https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-online-safeguarding/
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SUPPORT WORKER ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
- LocationNorth West London, North London, Barnet
- PositionChildren Support Worker – North West London – ASAP START
- Type of workSpecial Needs, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date30/03/2020
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.