Business Studies Teacher – Wokingham, Berkshire
About the job
BUSINESS STUDIES TEACHER, WOKINGHAM – JANUARY 2020
Prospero Teaching are looking for an individual who is able to inspire children with the love of Business Studies both as an academic subject and in the world around them.
We want someone who is a tireless advocate for Business Studies, and who can work collaboratively with the Department to innovate, to try new approaches and to always look to improve.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
A dynamic, mainstream Secondary school in Wokingham takes huge pride in their staffing structure, including the senior leadership team, to ensure that pupils are getting first-class education, one that is the equal to the very best schools in the country.
The students are characterised by a collegiate atmosphere where both students and teachers share high quality resources to achieve the highest rates of progress and the conduct of the students is excellent, supported by a firm but fair behaviour policy.
WHAT THE SCHOOL CAN OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS STUDIES TEACHER:
- A supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment to work in.
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic, well-behaved and hardworking pupils.
- Excellent CPD and opportunities for swift career progression, within the school.
- An area well served by public transport.
- Free use of the on-site gym.
- Key benefits including pension scheme and season ticket loan.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Location – Wokingham
- Position – Business Studies Teacher
- Type of work – Key Stage 4/Key Stage 5
- Contract or position start date – January 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Pay will be in line with your pay scale
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BED / PGCE / QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1 year teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work a full-time basis
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TEACHING JOB:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING IS ABLE TO OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL TEACHER:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management.
- In-house Training and Development Team.