Business Studies Teacher – Harrow – Easter 2020 Start | Permanent
About the job
Business Studies Teacher – Harrow – Easter 2020 Start
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Business Studies Teacher for a a high achieving academy in the heart of Harrow to start after the Easter holiday.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The school is a mixed small size Secondary Academy situated in the heart Harrow. The school is unstoppable in its pursuit of Excellent Education for All
The school are looking to appoint an excellent Business Studies Teacher who would like to work with and contribute to the development of highly motivated students. They are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons that help students understand the importance of Business and the positive impact it can have throughout their life. Teachers must have GOOD subject knowledge and will be expected to teach across KS4-KS5. This is a large team and staff have a variety of backgrounds and teaching experience. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
BUSINESS TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
- Location – Harrow
- Position – Business Studies Teacher
- Type of work – Teaching Business to KS4-KS5
- Contract or position start date – Easter 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – 2 terms until end of the academic year July 2020
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2020 initially (contract may get extended)
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time 5 days a week
- Paid to scale – Outer London – MPS & UPS
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Ed /PGCE/ QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1-year Business teaching experience in the UK
- Passionate about being a Business Studies Teacher and have a willingness to educate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 FULL days Monday – Friday
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team