Business and Economics Teacher – Finchley – Independent Grammar School September 2020 Start
About the job
Business and Economics Teacher – Finchley– Independent Grammar School September 2020 Start
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Business and Economics Teacher for a September 2020 start at a very high performing independent Grammar school based in Finchley
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The school is a same sex Independent grammar school situated in the heart of Finchley. They have been recognised for the rapid transformation and excellent progress of students and have been awarded Good status.
The school are looking to appoint an excellent Business and Economics Teacher who would like to work with and contribute to the development of highly motivated students. They are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons that help students understand the importance of Business & Economics and the positive impact it can have throughout their life. Teachers must have GOOD subject knowledge and will be expected to teach across KS3-KS5. This is a large team and staff have a variety of backgrounds and teaching experience. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
- Location – Hemel Hempstead
- Position – Business and Economics Teacher
- Type of work – Teaching Business and Economics to KS3-KS5
- Contract or position start date – 3rd September 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – 3 terms until end of the academic year July 2021
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2021 initially (contract may get extended)
- Full time/part time – Full time 5 days a week
- Minimum rate £185 per day MINIMUM
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Ed /PGCE/ QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1-year Business and Economics teaching experience in the UK
- Passionate about being an Economics Teacher and have a willingness to eduacate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 FULL days Monday – Friday
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team