Prospero UAE are working with a premium school in Sharjah to recruit a Teacher of Biology to join the team this August.
The school offer a mixed IB curriculum to students up to age 18. They boast an outstanding international teaching team with highly qualified, caring and innovative staff, a whole-school focus on individual wellbeing and an outstanding community of learners.
The school has; a 19,000 book library with online loaning system, an indoor 25 metre pool, newly revamped canteen with healthy food choices, large indoor multipurpose hall with double indoor basketball courts, three large grass outdoor pitches, specialist science labs and is a ‘Google School’ utilising the Google Apps for Education (G-Suite/GAFE).
Sharjah allows it visitors to get up close and personal with the real UAE. Although it’s traditionally more conservative than the other emirates, it is widely considered the nation’s cultural capital. Sharjah is diverse, cultural and there’s a lot more to do there than you think.
- Location – Sharjah, UAE
- Position – Biology Teacher
- Contract or position start date – August 2021
- Likely Duration – 2 years
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Rate of pay – 2500 – 3300 GBP (based on experience) – Villa accommodation, tuition allowance, support with family visa’s (costs not covered), annual flights, relocation, visa and medical
- Hours – 7:30 am – 4pm, Sunday – Thursday
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant teaching qualification with QTS or equivalent – i.e. PGCE, B.Ed., BA (Hons) with QTS
- Middle East experience would be advantageous
- Must have British, American and/or IB curriculum experience
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year or willing to complete new training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold an enhanced police check from the relevant countries
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, Middle East, UAE, Sharjah
- PositionBiology Teacher, Sharjah – August 2021
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.