Biology Teacher, Barnet, January 2019
About the job
Prospero Teaching is looking for an experienced Biology Teacher for an Outstanding secondary school located in the North London area of Barnet. The school would like to interview a Biology Teacher able to start January 2019.
The Science Teacher will ideally start on a permanent basis.
This mixed secondary school has been graded ‘Outstanding’ a number of times and is a positive, friendly teaching and learning environment.
About the school and Biology Teacher post:
- A medium sized secondary school with high aspirations
- An Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school
- Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
- Successful, well resourced Science department
- Well-qualified Science team
- Department with a collaborative approach to planning, delivery and assessment
- NQTs will be considered and there is strong support for the NQT induction
- Supportive yet high energy atmosphere
- This is a full time position including planning and marking
- Behaviour and attendance is generally good and students are keen to learn
- Warm and welcoming atmosphere at the school
- A permanent position
The ideal Biology Teacher will be:
- Experienced with the UK curriculum
- Confident with teaching GCSE Science
- Biology specialist
- Creative, patient and willing to think outside of the box
- Available to start in Jan 2019
The successful Biology Teacher will have the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
- A degree in Biology or a relevant Science related subject
- UK classroom teaching experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Be able to provide teaching references for the last 2 years
- A fully enhanced DBS on the online update service
If you’d like to know more about this Biology Teacher position then please call our London office on 020 7404 6383
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £150 referral scheme (Terms and conditions apply).
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching.