Behaviour Teaching Assistant, Fareham, Hampshire
About the job
Are you a passionate individual looking for a rewarding career?
Are you looking to be a Behaviour Teaching Assistant in a SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS (SEN) SCHOOL 5 days a week on a full time, long term basis starting NOW?
Are you keen to utilise your skills and experiences to aid the learning of Pupils with SEN & Challenging Behaviour
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching are looking for a passionate Teaching Assistants to join a ‘Good’ Ofsted rated School which continues to grow.
• This friendly SEN school is found in Fareham, Hampshire and is easily accessible by car and public transport.
• Caters for students who are on the autistic spectrum (ASD) and social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH).
• The school is renowned for the inclusive education it offers to all pupils, no matter their ability, expecting all students to make progress.
• It provides the support and structures in which pupils are able to do so, and as a SEN TA you will be assisting in this.
THE IDEAL SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT:
• Must be a patient and reliable
• Be able to work well in a team.
• Be proactive in meeting student’s needs.
• Have 1:1 experience with children with SEN.
• Have experience with SEN in a primary school setting.
• Should be able to empathise with their pupils and be able to set a good example.
THE SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT ROLE:
• Supporting the teaching and learning of SEN pupils across the school, working with struggling pupils or those who have become stifled by the curriculum,
• Helping them meet their potential through smaller booster groups and 1:1 sessions.
• Supporting pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs,
• Working closely with the SENCO to monitor and advance developments in both academic and social areas.
- Location – Fareham, Hampshire
- Position – Behaviour Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – Group and One to One sessions
- Contract or position start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – End of the academic year July 2019
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2019
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £65 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- Prior experience or a passion for working with SEN children desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to earn a £150 bonus and know someone who would be interested in this or other teaching jobs check out our Refer a Friend scheme.