Behaviour Support Assistant – Dinnington
Are you passionate about supporting children with Behavioural needs?
Are you an ambitious and creative Behaviour Support / Teaching Assistant looking for your next challenge within a forward-thinking school based in Dinnington.
Are you an experienced Support worker looking to make the switch to education?
Would you like to join a supportive staff team to assist build on your current skills and experience?
About the role: You will be supporting students across the school with SEMH needs. You will need to have a calm and caring nature, without being phased by challenging behaviour. You will also need to be confident and comfortable in running interventions across all year groups.
CONTRACT /POSITION DETAILS:
Location – Dinnington
Position – Behaviour Support / SEMH & SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date – ASAP
Full time/part-time – Full time
The minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate of £70 per day
Hours – 8:30 – 15:30
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
Previous experience of working with SEMH, Autism, ADHD would be desirable
Team Teach Qualification would be highly desirable – Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential as Safeguarding training is provided)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
By registering with Prospero Teaching, you will be working with a team of dedicated professionals with a wealth of educational experience to help you find your next career move.
In addition, you will also benefit from
- access to free accredited training courses for teachers and support staff, ensuring you are able to continue your professional development
- support with interview preparations so you’re fully prepared and confident to interview for your next role
- support with lesson planning and classroom management to support you to create stimulating and varied lessons
- a generous recommend a friend referral scheme
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy. Ideally, you will already have a full DBS on the update service but if not, we can process a new one.
- LocationSouth Yorkshire, Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham
- PositionBehaviour Support Assistant – Dinnington
- Type of workPrimary, Secondary, Special Needs, Teaching Assistant
- Contract/position start date
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)half_term
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.