Are you wishing to pursue a career working with young people who display challenging behaviour?
Do you have previous experience working with children and young people in educational or Youth Group settings?
Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting on behalf of a number of specialist schools within the Sheffield LEA. Due to an increase in the number of temporary exclusions nationally, our client secondary schools wish to appoint Behaviour Mentors to work with identified pupils for the next academic year within their initial transition stage into the PRU (pupil referral unit).
The role of Behaviour Mentor will incorporate delivering short intervention strategies in meetings to improve behaviour whilst implementing the school behaviour policy and monitoring progress. You will work directly with the schools SEN Co-ordinator and Inclusion Manager, alongside class teachers to ensure all pupils are able to access learning and display positive behaviour.
This role is ideal for anyone looking to apply for a PGCE or further your progression in schools, social work or youth work as it will give you the perfect opportunity to learn a range of behaviour management skills as well as experience within an alternative provision.
- Full time and part time opportunities available
- Experience working with challenging behaviour is desirable
- Team – Teach qualification is desirable
- Earn up to £300 per week dependant on the days you work
- Supporting students inside the classroom and through outreach projects.
- Work in Sheffield centre and outskirts
- Access a range of CPD courses to enhance personal learning and development
If you are looking for work in Sheffield and have a passion for supporting the learning of all students, this position is perfect for you!
For immediate consideration, please submit a full CV outlining all experiences to Sheffield.Secondary@prosperoteaching.com.
- LocationSouth Yorkshire, Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Chesterfield
- PositionBehaviour Mentor Needed!
- Type of workSpecial Needs, EBD
- Contract/position start date01/01/1970
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.