Assistant Subject Leader of Media with English, Winchester, Hampshire
About the job
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
Are you an exceptional teacher of Media and Film who wants to be part of a happy, supportive and forward thinking College and can contribute to improving the lives of our fantastic students? Prospero Teaching are working with an ‘Outstanding’ College (Ofsted, 2009) in the Winchester area; the College have a reputation of exceptional achievement and high standard of students’ work.
The College are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Leader of Media to join the English and Media faculty. The successful candidate will be a well-qualified, enthusiastic and innovative practitioner of Media, with a passion for their subject and the ability to enthuse and inspire our learners. You will share our commitment to raising standards, expectations and instil a passion for learning for all. We provide core academic education alongside technical, vocational learning designed to develop students to be creative, innovative and reflective.
The college aim to prepare their students with the necessary knowledge, skills and work ethic to prepare them for employment in the media industries. Their Film students enjoy focused discussion and independent research into the historical, social and political contexts of different industries from around the world, and from different eras.
Candidates with industry experience and understanding, as well as a track record in delivering GCSE, BTEC and A-Level courses, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The post is suitable for an experienced teacher and offers an excellent opportunity to receive support through their comprehensive CPD programme which will be delivered in conjunction with our Dacorum partners.
Successful candidates will:
- Have an excellent knowledge and academic background
- Have relevant industry experience (desirable)
- Have knowledge and experience of a range of successful teaching and learning strategies to meet the needs of all students within GCSE, BTEC and A-Level courses
- Be a proven outstanding practitioner
- Show innovation and determination to ensure all our students receive a first class education
- Make significant contributions to both the department and whole school vision
- Ensure curriculum coverage, continuity and progression for all students and raise standards of attainment across the full age and ability range
- Identify students at risk of underachievement and ensure that appropriate interventions are in place, and that their impact is evaluated.
- Be able to work well and play a leading role in team development
- Be experienced in managing a team and tackling issues that arise in a professional manner.
- Location – Winchester, Hampshire
- Position – Assistant Subject Leader of Media with English
- Type of work – KS5 Class Teacher
- Contract or position start date – 3rd September 2019
- Duration / Likely Duration – Permanent
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – N/A
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – MPS/UPS + TLR 2a
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- QTS or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year Media, Film or English teaching experience in the UK (Desirable)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.