Assistant Subject Leader for Maths, Farnborough, Hampshire
About the job
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
A small mainstream, non-selective Secondary School close to Farnborough are seeking to appoint a dynamic and motivated Assistant Subject Leader of Maths to work alongside the subject Co-ordinator. The role is to start in April 2019.
The School are seeking a candidate who will be ambitious for their students with a vision for the development of Maths Education in the curriculum. The challenge for the successful applicant will be to contribute effectively to a strong team, to develop the Maths curriculum and contribute to improving standards. A passion for developing young adults is essential.
The School are proud of their reputation as a small, friendly school, built on strong, traditional values, where exceptional pastoral care, the acceptance of others and the celebration of diversity and excellent academic achievement for all are the cornerstones of their success. They have a committed, loyal and talented team of leaders, teachers and support staff.
The Schools recent Ofsted inspection was very successful, with the team praising their rapidly improving school. The Head Teacher has a clear vision and an absolute determination to make the School Outstanding.
- Location – Farnborough, Hampshire
- Position – Assistant Subject Leader of Maths
- Type of work – KS3/KS4 Maths Class Teaching plus assist in developing and improving the math curriculum.
- Contract or position start date – 22nd April 2019
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – N/A
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £131 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year Maths teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to earn a £150 bonus and know someone who would be interested in this or other teaching jobs check out our Refer a Friend scheme.