Assistant Head Teacher – In charge of Humanities – April 2020 | Permanent
About the job
Assistant Head Teacher – In charge of Humanities – April 2020
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for an Assistant Head teacher for an Ofsted “Good” Secondary school very centrally located in the Islington Borough
The school is a larger size mainstream Secondary School with a supportive SLT. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year. The school does have a 6th form, although most of the timetable for this role will be key stage 3 and key stage 4.
The position is open to experienced Assistant head teachers and strong Head of Humanities teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS
- Location – Islington
- Position – Assistant Head Teacher – Humanities responsibility
- Type of work – Assistant Head Teacher – Teaching Humanities ks3-ks4
- Contract or position start date – April 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – until end of the academic year July 2020
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2020
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Paid to scale – MPS/ UPS + TLR
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER ROLE, THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team