Art and Design teacher, Barnet, September 2019
About the job
Art and Design teacher – Barnet.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Qualified Art and Design teacher to work in a mixed secondary school in Barnet starting September 2019,
The school is a successful, medium size, Ofsted Outstanding, mixed secondary school, providing an outstanding education for its students in Barnet. The school is going from strength to strength, provides CPD throughout the year, childcare for teachers who have children, parking and much more! The school has a state of the art 6th form and outstanding facilities throughout the school. The Headteacher is seeking a qualified, passionate teacher of Art and Design to join the team immediately. Someone with a relevant qualification and someone who is able and willing to learn, grow and develop with the school, contribute to the Art and Design department and the wider community. The Art and Design department is established, equipment is fantastic, Art and Design really a popular subject at this Outstanding secondary school and provide up to date and outstanding condition and is a solid department, students really enjoy being creative with delivering and planning engaging lessons and creativity.
This Art and Design teaching post represents a superb career opportunity for an Art and Design teacher who wants to challenge and engage pupils across the full 11-18 age range. The whole school departmental training and support provided make this post suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher.
The successful Art and Design teacher will:
- play a key role in the continuous delivery and development of Art and Design at GCSE have an outstanding track record of Art and Design teaching and outcomes for pupils at G.C.S.E
- be passionate about Art and Design and can and inspire pupils
- be committed to a rigorous, knowledge-based curriculum
- offer a substantial commitment to extra-curricular activities
Experience of Food Technology, catering and a little bit of textiles is required. Facilities at the school are outstanding, state of the art Art and Design classrooms with ovens, equipment and much more enabling and prospective teacher the ability to deliver engaging lessons.
ART AND DESIGN TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
Position Art and Design Teacher
Type of work Key Stage 3-Key Stage 5 Art and Design teaching
Contractor position start date September 2019
Duration / Likely Duration September 2019 – could become perm in the future depends on your interest/ schools need
Contractor position end date (if applicable) September 2019
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) Temporary (then possibly permanent)
Full time/part time Full time – 5 days a week
The minimum rate of pay Minimum rate £150 per day
Hours 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings – Slightly earlier on Fridays due to religious observations
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND QUALIFICATIONS OF ART AND DESIGNTEACHING JOB:
- QTS or equivalent (PGCE, B. Ed, S, or any other teaching degree equivalent)
- Minimum 1 year Art and Design teacher teaching experience in the UK
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE ART AND DESIGN TEACHING JOB:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Art and Design Teacher:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team