Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for the next step in your career? If so, please see below for exciting new opportunities working for the market leader in education recruitment, Prospero Teaching…
Prospero Teaching are looking for an experienced ALN Teaching Assistant to work at a fantastic Primary school in Pontypool on a full-time, ongoing basis.
The Teaching Assistant will be required to provide 1:1 support to a student in Year 4 who has SEND and to additionally help out within the classroom where needed. We are looking for someone with strong experience providing 1:1 support to students with challenging behaviour and/or learning difficulties for this vacancy.
Teaching Assistant and SEND qualifications and training are desirable and will increase your opportunity to be shortlisted for the role, however not essential if you hold sufficient experience.
If you hold relevant experience and/or training, please get in touch today.
- Location: Pontypool
- Position: Teaching Assistant (1:1 SEN TA)
- Contract: temporary
- Hours: 8.30am-3.30pm
- Start Date: ASAP
- Pay Rate: from £65/day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous TA experience – essential
- ALN experience – highly desirable
- ALN Training & Qualifications – highly desirable
- Teaching Assistant Qualifications – desirable
- Previous experience working with children in schools – highly desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – Prospero can offer this training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to these vacancies. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill the vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding, Team Teach and behaviour management: https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-cpd-for-teachers/
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationSouth Wales
- PositionALN Teaching Assistant - Pontypool
- Type of workSpecial Needs
- Contract/position start date23/03/2021