About the job
English Lead Teacher, Bournemouth
Starting September 2019
Prospero Teaching are working in partnership with a brilliant ‘Good’ Ofsted rated school based in Bournemouth which are actively seeking an English Lead Practitioner for September 2019.
The English department has achieved great GCSE and A Level results placing in the top 20% of schools nationally.
You will be an experienced English Teacher with strengths in management and leadership.
English teacher Contract / position details
- Location – Bournemouth, Dorset
- Position – English Lead
- Type of work – Development of faculty pedagogy, schemes of learning, classroom teaching
- English start date –September 2019
- Likely Duration – Permanent
- Contract type – Permanent
- Minimum rate of pay: Leadership
- Hours – 8:30am-4pm (term time only)
English Teacher Experience, Training and Qualifications
- It is essential that you have QTS and experience working in teaching English
- You will need to have taught English in Secondary Schools
- Schemes of work are already in place so you will just be required to deliver the English to GCSE
- Up to date Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Teaching if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Strong Behaviour Management skills are necessary.
To be eligible for any teaching job with Prospero Teaching, you must
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful English teacher:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management are available.
If you would like to earn a £150 bonus and know someone who would be interested in this or other teaching jobs check out our Refer a Friend scheme.