2ic Math’s teacher, Outstanding school based in Islington, Inner London, January 2020
About the job
2IC MATHS teacher
Ofsted Outstanding School – Islington
ASAP start, fast track to interview
No filling out application forms!
MPS – UPS + TlR
Inner London Pay
A popular school located in Islington, Inner London is interested in securing a 2ic Maths Teacher to join a successful department. The ideal 2IC Maths Teacher will be a qualified Maths teacher and have a solid teaching background, solid knowledge of the National Curriculum and a passion for Maths. As a teacher, you will be hard-working, a team player and be someone who engages with students, work well with staff and also parents.
The school is interested in appointing a MATHS Teacher to join a thriving and dynamic department ASAP.
The lessons will be delivered to all year groups key stage 3, key stage 4 and experience with key stage 5 is preferable but not essential.
The Maths department teaches Maths at GCSE and A level and aims to create confident mathematicians who can apply their knowledge and techniques in the real world as well as young people who are able to build conceptual understanding of number, algebra, geometry and statistics and probability. As a Maths teacher, you will also be required to teach Maths possibly up to A level including Pure, Accelerated, Foundation and Higher.
The Maths faculty is a well-structured, solid faculty with a range of resources teachers have access to as well as regular meetings and CPD sessions to extend and enhance the teacher’s experience. As a department, the team achieves good grades and would like someone committed to education and raising attainment.
A brief list of duties the 2IC Maths will need to perform:
- Teach outstanding lessons that motivate, inspire and accelerate student progress
- Assist in line managing the Mathematics Faculty
- Monitor the quality of Mathematics teaching and learning
- Assisting in the professional development of teachers including training, coaching and mentoring as may be appropriate
- Developing strong partnerships and ensuring regular and productive communication with parents
- Developing others’ practice to sustain the best possible outcomes for students
- Support the Head of Mathematics in the development of high-quality syllabuses/schemes of work in line with National Curriculum
- Contribute to the monitoring and assessment cycle for teaching and learning
- Keep accurate pupil data for your classes
- To produce/contribute to oral and written assessments and reports
About the school and 2IC MATHS teacher contract:
*A medium-size secondary school with high aspirations
*An Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school
*Maths taught at Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4
*Solid MATHS teaching department
*Solid, supportive team
*Department with a collaborative approach to planning, delivery, and assessment
*Supportive yet high energy atmosphere
*This is a full-time position including planning and marking
The right 2ic MATHS teacher will be:
• Hold a BA and PGCE in Maths
• Confident with teaching GCSE Maths
• Creative, patient and willing to think outside of the box
• Available ASAP
The successful 2IC MATHS teacher specialist will have the following:
•Exceptional degree and GCSEs
•UK classroom teaching experience
•Eligibility to work in the UK
•Be able to provide teaching references for the last 2 years
•A fully enhanced DBS on the online update service
•Salary paid to scale – teachers’ pay scale MPS or UPS1 dependant on experience
The school and Prospero teaching endeavour to support your career at every stage. Both offering you a variety of CPD courses to enrich and progress your career further.
If this MATHS Teacher post has sparked your interest and you would like to hear more about this teaching position then please apply to this advert with your updated CV.
The school is extremely keen to interview any suitable Maths Teacher as soon as possible.
Do you know a 2ic Maths Teacher looking for work in Islington, North London? If so please refer us their CV to be offered a referral bonus (conditions apply)
Please note that any candidates who are deemed as unsuitable for this job will not be contacted due to the high volume of applications we receive.