20 GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT
Route into salaried teacher training roles
Across Barnet, London
Prospero Teaching work with secondary schools in Barnet who are seeking graduate teaching assistants to join them from September 2021, working with a variety of students to help raise attainment and standards.
Graduate are required to act as subject mentors and teaching assistants, supporting students in class 1-1. You will Lead Intervention/ booster sessions, 1:1 and small group activities with students who require support in all subjects.
20 GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT – BARNET
- Location – Barnet, London
- Position –Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – Graduate Teaching Assistant – No previous education experience required
- Start date – September 2021
- Duration / Likely Duration – 1 Year – until July 2021 with the view to get the contract extended
- End date (if applicable) – July 2022 with the view to get the contract extended
- Contract type – Temporary with the view to go permanent after
- Full time/part time – Full time preferable
- Minimum rate of pay £85 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (full day)
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supporting key students across all subjects
- Work with all ability ranges including those with Learning Needs ie ASD, Dyslexia and other mainstream Special Education needs
- Run your intervention sessions and booster groups with pupils that need it the most.
- Be involved in running extracurricular activities
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ideally you would have a degree
- Have a real passion for Science
- NO previous education experience is required to apply
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential) -you can complete this here https://prosperoteaching.com/free-accredited-online-safeguarding/
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered for this Graduate teaching assistant role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING IS ABLE TO OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL TEACHING ASSISTANT:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- LocationEngland, South East England, Greater London, London, London, North West London, Stanmore, Finchley, Colindale, Barnet, High Barnet, East Finchley, Woodside Park, Hendon, Oakleigh Park, Southgate
- Position20 Graduate Teaching Assistants, Barnet, London, Sept 2021
- Type of workSpecial Needs, Teaching Assistant, Graduate TA
- Contract/position start date01/09/2021
- Duration/likely durationNO END DATE
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay£85 per day
NO EXPEIRENCE REQUIRED
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.