Prospero Teaching are looking for experienced Tutors in the Wiltshire area to provide 1:1 support to students seeking additional educational support.
Prospero Teaching work closely with the local authorities across the South West and we are partnered with multiple virtual school and SEN teams. We provide tutors to work with children looked after (CLA) and pupils in mainstream schools that require additional educational support.
We work with students of all ages from 6-18 and the sessions will be taking place mainly face to face in either their care home, schools, or an alternative setting such as a local library. You will be expected to gather your own resources and deliver the curriculum you see fit. There is no set syllabus and so you will be tailoring the content to meet the child’s individual needs. Our tutors provide anywhere from 1-25 hours of support per week and can choose from hourly catch-up sessions to full-time educational provision.
The successful tutor will hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and will be able to support with the core subjects of Maths, English and Science or specialise in one of the core subjects. You will ideally have a strong background in private tuition or teaching and have experience in working with SEND.
- Location: Various locations across Wiltshire
- Position: 1:1 Tutor
- Contract type: temporary
- Hours: part-time, Monday to Friday, various shifts (full-time options available)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Pay Rate: from £25 per hour
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or QTLS – essential
- Minimum of degree level in tuition subject
- Experience working with students with SEN, SEMH or looked after children is highly advantageous
- Highly self-motivated and focused on achieving the best educational outcomes for all students
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – Prospero can offer this training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV or send it directly to SouthWestCES@prosperoteaching.com. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to these vacancies. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill the vacancy.
- Position1:1 Tutor – Wiltshire
- Type of workEarly Years, Primary, Secondary, Special Needs, Teaching Assistant, Tutor
- Contract/position start date26/04/2021
- Duration/likely durationongoing
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay