1:1 Teacher – East London
About the job
About the School and the 1:1 teacher role:
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified teachers to work as a 1:1 teachers with a KS3 and KS4 pupils in East London.
- We are looking for a qualified teacher to work on a 1:1 basis with KS3 and/or KS4 students who are currently excluded from school or have SEND.
- This is a part time role where the successful candidate will be required to work with one student for 3 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- You will be teaching the student on a one-to-one basis. Therefore you will be required to undertake some (paid) safeguarding training prior to starting.
- The successful candidate will be expected to deliver all subjects, with a focus on English and Maths. Please bear in mind the students are working at lower levels that their age would suggest.
- If the successful candidate is looking for more hours there is the potential to take on a second student.
- The position is to start ASAP.
Contract Details for the 1:1 Teacher role:
- Location – East London
- Position – Part Time 1:1 Teacher.
- Type of work – Teaching an excluded student in their own home.
- Start date – ASAP.
- Contract type – Temporary – likely to be until exam time.
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing until the student can return to school.
- Full time/part time – Part time, (number of days to be confirmed) – 3 hours per day.
- Minimum rate of pay – £70 per session.
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the successful 1:1 Teacher:
- You MUST hold either QTS or QTLS.
- Experience working with Students with challenging behaviour or SEND.
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire towards working with SEN students.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- A willingness to travel across East London.
To be eligible for this role through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this Teacher role, then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.