1:1 LSA KS1 – Romford, Essex
About the job
KS1 1:1 LSA, Loughton
About the School and the KS1 1:1 LSA position:
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a Key Stage 1 child in the Loughton area.
• We are looking for an LSA to work on a 1:1 basis with a student with challenging behaviour.
• You will based in a primary school with specialist learning areas.
• This is a temporary role to start ASAP and continue until the end of the summer term, potentially being extended through September.
Contract Details for the KS1 1:1 LSA role:
• Location – Loughton
• Position – KS1 1:1 LSA
• Type of work – Supporting a student with KS1 on a 1:1 basis
• Start date – ASAP
• Contract type – Temporary
• Full time/part time – Full time Monday to Friday
• Minimum rate of pay – £70 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the KS1 1:1 LSA position:
• Previous LSA experience is required, ideally within the primary SEN Sector, although this is not essential providing you have the right attitude and desire.
• Previous experience working with challenging behaviour would be advantageous
• A passion for working with and making a difference to children with SEMH.
• Pro Active in the classroom and a willingness to join in with class activities.
• You should have lots of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude towards working with SEN students.
To be eligible for the KS1 1:1 LSA position through Prospero Teaching you must:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
• Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
• In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role, then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.