1:1 ASD Teaching Assistant – Totton – Hampshire
About the job
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching are looking for a 1:1 ASD Teaching Assistant in the Totton and surrounding areas to work for an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted specialised school.
We are looking to appoint an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to work with children with specific learning needs on a 1-1 basis.
Some experience of working with children with ASD, communication difficulties and developmental delay would be very useful. The successful candidate will also be expected to be involved in their Continuing Professional Development in the area of working with children with SEND.
The right person would have the following qualities:
- Be passionate about working with SEND children
- Be able to use their own initiative and imagination
- Be patient, personable and caring
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Be prepared to support children with medical needs – training will be provided
- Location – Totton, Hampshire
- Position – 1:1 ASD Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – One to One assistance of pupil with ASD
- Contract or position start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temp to Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £14000 per annum
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous one year experience teaching ASD pupils. (Desirable)
- Have experience of PECs, TEACCH and Makaton to support learning (Desirable)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
For immediate consideration all applicants are encouraged to send an updated CV to Ben via email on email@example.com
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.
Prospero is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.