HLTA with Autism Experience
New Autism center in Barnet
Prospero Teaching is looking for an HLTA with Autism experience to join a ‘’Good’’ secondary school in Barnet starting September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a brand new centre this mainstream is opening to support students with Autism.
Ideally we are seeking someone with experience in supporting children with autism and should have specialist knowledge for planning, be able to develop support materials, provide care and supervision to our young learners. The role will involve working across all subjects and all year groups with students of all abilities. You must have a proactive approach to work and be able to easily adapt to an ever-changing environment and job role. For this role training will also be provided
The school is a large, Good, mixed, secondary school located in Barnet educating both male and female students.
We are seeking someone for at least 1 academic year with a chance of becoming permanent in the future, there is also potential for growth and development.
The ideal HLTA will have a degree or experience or knowledge of Special Needs. Someone who might have worked in care, someone who wishes to pursue a career in Psychology or educational psychology, speech, and language, or has a genuine interest in working within Special Educational Needs.
The position is open to both inexperienced staff and staff who have experience. Knowledge of Autism, Learning Needs, Speech, and Language needs ADHD would be a huge advantage but not 100% necessary.
HTLA role details:
Type of work: mixed secondary school
Duration: 1 year
Contract: starting September 2021 – possibly longer term
Pay: £110 per day
Hours: 8am – 3.45pm, plus parents evenings
HLTA with Autism experience, training, and qualification
- Experience or interest in Special Educational Needs – Autism, Speech, and Language Needs
- Strong command of English
- Degree would be great
- Experience within health care would be great
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (this training can be offered by Prospero)
To be eligible for this HLTA with Autism:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS HLTA ROLE:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful HLTA will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this HLTA role
Prospero Teaching is able to offer a successful HLTA with Autism experience:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
We are looking to appoint a professional and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who will work alongside teachers and provide valuable support in lessons in our brand new ASC provision. The ideal candidate must have some experience in supporting children with autism and should have specialist knowledge for planning, be able to develop support materials, provide care and supervision to our young learners. The role will involve working across all subjects and all year groups with students of all abilities. You must have a proactive approach to work and be able to easily adapt to an ever-changing environment and job role. For this role, training will also be provided
- LocationEngland, South East England, Greater London, London, North West London, Brent, Harrow, Stanmore, Wembley, Finchley, Colindale, North London, Haringey, Islington, Barnet
- PositionHLTA with Autism Experience, Barnet, September 2021
- Type of workSecondary, Special Needs, Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Graduate TA
- Contract/position start date01/09/2021
- Duration/likely duration1 YEAR
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time8 hours
- Minimum rate of pay£100 - £120
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.