Supply Teachers – Barnsley
Prospero Teaching are looking for enthusiastic Supply Teachers to work in a variety of secondary and Primary schools in and around Barnsley.
QTS is desirable but not essential.
The roles will vary slightly depending on school requirements but you will be responsible for the class whilst the teacher is absent; sickness, training courses, school trips etc.
You will have the opportunity to cover a range of subjects for students across KS1/2/3/4, and will be expected to control the class and manage behaviour as and when needed.
About the schools / job:
- Variety of Primary and Secondary Schools in and around Barnsley.
- Working with students in KS1, KS2, KS3 and KS4 (ages 5-16).
- You will need to have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary.
- Full time or part time flexible positions available.
- Perfect for a graduate looking to gain classroom experience and confidence before starting teacher training.
- Lessons will all be set and you will be expected to make sure the students stay on task.
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day.
Contract details for the Supply Teacher position:
- Location – Barnsley
- Position – Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher
- Type of work – Flexible
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Full time or part time, flexible
- Minimum rate of pay – £75 – £90 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Ideally hold a degree in a relevant subject area
- A passion for working with children and young people
- You will be pro-active and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
To be eligible for the Cover Supervisor position through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
**Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
**In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
- PositionSupply Teachers – Barnsley
- Type of workTeacher
- Contract/position start date
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)half_term
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.