Classroom Clinic – Early Exam Intervention
“Dear classroom clinic,
I’m starting to target intervention with some of my students. How do I stop them from getting bored of revision this early?”
Specific exam skills and reinforcing basic concepts are often easy wins. Ensure you read the last year’s exam report and identify any ‘silly’ mistakes that were frequently made so that you can prepare your students to not make them this year!
Second, here are some links to boost some energy into revision lessons or sessions to avoid the hours of poster making, lecturing or ‘silent revision’ that can lead to over-stressed students getting burnt out.
- Interleaving revision topics
- Six last-minute GCSE revision activities (the revision clock is a personal favourite of Josh’s!)
- Revision strategies that work
- Revision lessons don’t have to be boring – some ideas to spice it up!
- Top Tips For Delivering Effective Revision Sessions
- Retrieval Grids
- Memes – there are loads of EXAM memes out there that will cheer up students at the start of another revision session.