Design Technology – Resistant Materials – Portsmouth – September
About the job
Prospero Teaching are working with a Secondary school in Portsmouth looking for an experienced DT, Design Technology Teacher to join the successful department as a teacher of Resistant Materials and Graphics.
About the Design Technology Teacher position:
- Starting in September – Full-time position.
- Permanent role, available in a job share for the ideal teachers.
- Teaching across Key stages 3 & 4.
- Mainly Resistant Materials and Graphics, however may have to cover some other Design Technology subjects.
- Excellent senior support staff for continuous help with lesson planning.
- Strong reputation in the local community.
- Successful department, hiring due to expansion in department.
- Provides high quality teaching and learning opportunities along with a deep and embedded strong academic culture.
The Successful Design Technology Teacher will have / be:
- Passionate about the future of education and Design Technology.
- Inspirational, imaginative teacher while being an outstanding communicator with all staff, pupils and parents.
- Able to demonstrate impact on progress, attainment while focusing on the enjoyment of pupils.
- Eager to take on any role that requires you to be relentless, rigorous and resilient.
- Adaptable, creative, reliable and honest as a colleague who also enjoys close team work.
- Confident teaching across key staged 3 & 4.
- Strong classroom management skills when working with more challenging pupils.
To be Eligible the Design Technology Teacher must have / be:
- The ability to provide two professional references, that cover the last two years of employment.
- Proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- An enhanced DBS certificate that is registered with the Update Service, or be willing to complete one,
- NQT or QTS equivalent qualifications.
- Experience in a secondary education setting.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.