Who We Are
Prospero Teaching is an REC Audited Education Agency, specialist, award-winning agency, with offices across the UK, dedicated teams of candidate managers, compliance, in-house teacher resources and finance supporting our teachers.
This specialist division sits within a larger privately owned group, Prospero Recruitment Ltd, a medium-sized agency with 100+ staff. We have doubled in size every year for the last three years, continue to grow and invest ensuring Prospero is an exciting, dynamic sector leader.
You can take comfort in the knowledge that Prospero Teaching is an established enterprise (formed in 2000) nestled within a wider business framework supported by the backing of its sister brands; Integrated, Health & Social Care, IT & Technical and Engineering, strengthening our core business.
We’re proud to say that our CEO Rob Grays is Chair of the Education Group for APSCo.
Prospero Teaching has been commissioned by the UK Government’s Department for Education to to offer a unique programme that recruits and supports qualified, international Maths and Science Teachers to teach in England in partnership with school networks. As a DfE approved international recruitment provider Prospero Teaching is
- Sourcing Maths and Physics Teachers from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and America
- Matching teachers to school requirements
- Arranging interviews
- Supporting visa processes
for schools. Teachers will receive support, visa and relocation advice and a support and acclimatisation package
- Pre-arrival support
- On arrival training including lesson planning, safeguarding, behaviour management and much more
- On-going CPD and in-school mentoring
Regional offices and locations
- SE England (London and Essex)
- Wales (Cardiff)
- Midlands (Birmingham)
- SW England (Bristol)
- North / NW England (Leeds and Manchester)
- Teach in the UK from abroad: Canada, Australia, Netherlands, South Africa, New Zealand, Ireland.
Approach and Vision
- To lead
- To continue our exceptional growth
- To innovate by introducing initiatives that make a difference to schools and our teachers
- To ensure that every teacher and member of staff has a sense of belonging, feels supported, listened to and valued
- To be flexible enough to always respond to needs and new ideas
- To celebrate great teaching
- To reward loyalty
- To win awards
Become Part of Prospero Teaching
- Become a Prospero Teacher or Support Staff Member in Schools
- Become a Prospero Consultant
As we grow our consultants tell us they love making a difference to people’s lives from a dynamic, growing, responsive, bureaucracy-free environment, where they feel valued and cherished. They love the in-depth and continued training, extensive resources, career opportunities and excellent package that comes with working for Prospero.
We are proud that Prospero Teaching has one of the lowest agency staff turnovers; the majority of our consultants has been with us five years. We are therefore able to provide a consistently high level of service to our teachers and schools and ensure our consultants have all the tools they need to do their jobs effectively.
Commitment to Innovation and Social/Ethical Responsibility
Prospero continually innovates, offering free, additional services to our most loyal schools and teachers, thereby inspiring whole school communities. We do this by workshopping a range of issues, employing high achieving, sporting legends and expert leaders in their field to deliver them
- Gareth Thomas (ex Rugby captain), innovation and schools initiatives
- Charitable initiatives. Each year we choose a charity working with children to support. Working with children’s charities is a vital to everyone at Prospero
- In 2015 our chosen charity was The Neuroblastoma Society for whom we’re raising funds by running The Regents Park 10k Run last summer.
- in 2016 we have chosen to the National Autistic Society’s World Autism Awareness Week
Belonging to the Prospero Teaching Community
Our dedicated, qualified, support team of ex teachers not only match you to the right jobs, but also support in offering our accredited CPD courses, workshops, advice and training across a wide range of topics. Thus supporting you before (jobs matching), during (interviews and observed lessons) and after in the job – in the classroom with free teaching resources, blogs and one to one teacher-to-teacher support and advice.
- Awards that recognise and celebrate brilliant teaching
- Rewarding loyalty
- Accredited CPD courses, seminars and workshops
- Free teaching resources
- Social events and teacher networking
- Weekly blogs (nearly100 archived blogs on a range of topical issues)–
- Joining us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn
‘Balls To Bullying’ Campaign with Gareth Thomas
Prospero Teaching launched a new initiative ‘Balls To Bullying’ to help aspire and motivate children in schools nationally, addressing the concerns our next generation face on a daily basis, such as bullying (in person and online), stereotyping, and LGBT issues.
We have and continue to develop programmes which we take into school with Welsh rugby great Gareth ‘Alfie’ Thomas who represented Wales in both rugby union and rugby league. (Gareth captained Wales in 2005 to their first Grand Slam victory since 1978. The same year he captained the British Lions tour of New Zealand. In 2011, Gareth was one of the most high-profile sportsmen to come out as gay).
He said: ‘People might not believe it to look at me – because I’m a big lad – but bullying has a lot to do with my life story, who I am and where I come from. Read more – the full interview >
Read our latest blog: Gareth Thomas and Prospero Teaching’s Workshops at Fortismere School, Haringey, London
Interested in seeing more about how Gareth Thomas and Prospero Teaching work together in dealing with different types of bullying in schools? Contact email@example.com or call 0207 404 6383 and speak to Mary.
Read a full interview with Gareth and watch him talk about Balls To Bullying on our youtube channel